Many years of dance performance led Emma to pursue a degree in dance, during her training she was introduced to Pilates and instantly loved it.
Emma graduating with a First Class BA(Hons) in 2001 and moved back to Somerset, where she was unable to find Pilates classes to attend and so chose to train to be an instructor.
Emma trained at the Pilates Institute London in 2002 and achieved her CYQ level 2 matwork Pilates qualification. In 2016 Emma received her Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates (QCF).
Other qualifications include:
- CYQ Exercise to Music level 2.
- Body Balance and Body Vive qualified instructor.
- NVQ level 2 in Gym, cardiovascular and resistance machine training.
- Level 4 certificate in Further Education teaching-stage 1 & 2.
- CRB checked and first aid level 2 qualified.
Emma’s pilates experience along with her extensive knowledge of physiology as a professional dancer makes her one of the most qualified pilates instructors in the South West.